8 Corporate Holiday Party Ideas
In many corporations, the annual holiday party has become an event nearly everyone dreads. If you want to really give your employees a corporate holiday party to remember, and that they’ll be talking about for years, you need to think outside the box.
The best party idea will vary, depending on the number of people in your company, your budget, and individual preferences.
So take stock, send around a survey, and then listen to your people.
You can use these corporate holiday party ideas to start planning the year-end bash:
- Splurge on professional photos. While your team probably stockpiles selfies on social media, rarely do people break out their wallets for high-quality, professional photos. Give your employees the chance to indulge, and pay for a photographer to come to your workplace. Employees will appreciate the opportunity to include significant others in the photos, too.
- Keep it in-house. Scheduling a lunchtime potluck where everyone brings in a dish or you cater the event may appeal to your team. This type of event is low-key, encourages socializing and doesn’t require employees to attend an event outside of work hours.
- Go to dinner. Head out to a special restaurant or catering facility and treat your employees to a nice holiday dinner. Encourage your team to invite a “plus 1” and engage in a gift exchange with a low limit, say $20. To encourage mingling, make sure the restaurant or facility has enough space so that people can walk around. The dining tables should be small enough, however, to encourage discussion.
- Keep remote people in mind. If your company has team members who work remotely, consider giving them a budget and let them go out on the town, on you! It’s a unique way to make remote workers feel appreciated, while at the same time, part of the team.
- Make it humourous. No matter what type of party you decide on, you’ll solicit some good laughs by planning a white elephant gift exchange as part of the event. Just set some ground rules that the item has to be something people already own or an item they want to re-gift. Then, sit back, relax and let the fun times begin!
- Consider safety. Some corporations set up a free bar, while others may serve a two-drink, on-the-boss minimum. Others may opt for a cash bar. Regardless, during corporate holiday parties, you can keep employees safe by offering a car service or designating a few drivers to ensure everyone gets home without incident.
- Choose an unusual location. Consider booking the holiday event at a botanical garden or sports stadium, or some other unique location in Ohio.
- Make it about the gift. While a fancy dinner or experience is nice, you may want to opt for a low-key, potluck and save the budget for gifts! Gift certificates are a nice way to show your team that you care. HideAway has gift certificates available for lodging, dining and spa services, so you can appeal to everyone’s preferences!
Let someone else do all the work to keep the amount of planning you have to do to a minimum. Consider hosting your holiday event at a restaurant. HideAway Country Inn can help you plan the affair in our 1938 Restaurant & Pub or one of our event rooms. Just give us a call to get started!