Banish the Winter Blahs!
Do you have the Winter Blahs? Do the gray skies of winter seem to sap your energy? Do the cold winds make you want to stay on the couch, cocooned in a warm blanket? Winter has a way of turning you into a hermit. It makes sense: You’d rather stay stuck in the doldrums than venture out and be, well, cold!
If you relate to any of this, you most certainly are susceptible to the winter blues.
The key to beating those “blahs” might just be to throw off that blanket and take a trip to The Hideaway Country Inn.
What’s Going on AT the Inn?
That’s a great question! I’m glad you asked!
- Creative lodging. There are several different kinds of suites that are available for guests to cozy up in:
The Luxury Suites offer choices like a Tree House Suite that has a private porch. If you’d like to entertain guests, the two-story Eagle’s Nest has a separate sitting room. The Cherry Suite features a whirlpool, wood-burning fireplace, and can even accommodate your pooch. Or try the richly luxurious Louis IV that has stunning drapery, a canopy bed, and is also handicap accessible.
The Manor House Rooms have such offerings as the Smith Luxury Suite, a romantic dream with a king-sized bed, hot tub, and a private deck. The Garden Suite will bring a little green into your winter with it’s garden murals. The Inventor’s Luxury Suite has a whirlpool to soak those winter chills away. There’s also a Carpenter Suite with a two-person whirlpool to enjoy with your honey.
The Loft Suites are worth a look! The gorgeous Out of Africa room is decorated like an African Safari lodge and features a chocolate marble fireplace. Maybe you’d like to try the Napoleon and its jacuzzi tub, or the Country Oak that you just have to see to really appreciate. Perhaps your special someone would like a stay in a hunting lodge-inspired room like our Hunter’s Den. You’ll both appreciate the whirlpool!
This handy lodging comparison guide will help you choose the one that’s just right for you.
- Get pampered. A spa day is never a bad idea. What’s more relaxing on a chilly winter day than a massage? Why not indulge in a facial or a manicure while you’re at it? Your skin needs some TLC after dealing with that harsh wind. Plus, shoveling snow is hard on a manicure.
- Winter dining. Comfort food is on the menu at the 1938 Restaurant and Pub. Award-winning cuisine and spirits are sure to warm your belly! Locally sourced food prepared from scratch by a gourmet chef? Who cares if it’s snowing?
- Love is in the air! There’s always room for romance, but the dropping temperatures make winter the ideal time to cuddle up with the one you love. With seven different romantic getaway packages, many including massages, you’re sure to find something to please both of you. From low-key to over-the-top romance, you won’t be disappointed. Or cold!
- The best of the best. Maybe stress relief is what you really need the most. Don’t worry-you’re covered. The Inn has three packages that are all focused on your relaxation including the Rest and Relax, the Renewal, and the Revitalization.
- Celebrate the beginning of 2017. If you’re looking for a unique way to ring in the new year, there are packages for that too!
- Learn something new When the cold and snow keep you inside, it can be a great time to take up a new hobby. Have you always wanted to learn some new cooking techniques? Maybe you’re interested in being a wine connoisseur? The Hideaway is a great place to take cooking or wine-tasting classes.
If that’s not enough to tempt you out from under your blankets and out of your fuzzy slippers, there’s a lot going on in the areas surrounding the Hideaway Country Inn, too.
What’s Going on AROUND the Inn?
Hideaway Country Inn is close to a lot of activity – without being right in the midst of it. Activities in Columbus, Marion, Mansfield, Upper Sandusky, Tiffin, and Bucyrus are all well within a reasonable distance.
A perfect cold-weather activity is a trip to the theater. The Inn is close enough to enjoy the offerings of the Bucyrus Little Theatre, the Renaissance in Mansfield, the Marion Ritz Theatre, and the Palace Theatre.
You don’t have to stay in the blah-zone this winter.
There’s so much going on at and around the Hideaway Inn that can warm you from the inside out! Now the problem is deciding which activities you’re going to do first!
Contact the HideAway Country Inn today and book your way out of the blahs!
How do you banish your winter blues?