Ready in 20 minutes
Servings: Yields 50 balls (less what is eaten during assembly!)
Calories – Don’t Ask !
1938 – Hacks: Use melting chocolate in place of Belgian chocolate.
- 3 Cups Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter – room temperature
- 2 Pounds Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Real Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Belgian Chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons Crisco (vegetable shortening)
- Basic Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Electric Mixer
- Small Ice Cream Scoop (approx. 1” diameter)
- Double Boiler
- Toothpicks or Skewer Sticks
- Parchment Paper
- In Mixer, Combine – Peanut Butter and room temperature Butter. Mix until creamy.
- Slowly add : Sifted Confectioners Sugar, mixing until mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Form into 1 inch balls – using a small ice cream scoop. Roll until perfectly rounded.
- Melt Chocolate in double boiler, adding Vegetable Shortening until melted. Gently stir into Chocolate until just incorporated.
- Insert a toothpick into Peanut Butter Balls. Dip into Melted Chocolate, leaving the top uncovered where it looks like a real buckeye. Let excess Chocolate drip off and place on parchment paper to cool. Store in cool area.
Recipe may be cut in ½ or doubled. Best to use a small ice cream scoop to make balls, as they can be a little sticky.