Why 2021 Winter is the Time to Elope
You’ve got the ring and the mate. The next order of business is to set a date. Maybe you’re already checking out venues, churches, and DJ’s. Then Covid-19 steps in and your friends have post poned their wedding several times if NOT years. There almost always comes a time in the course of planning a wedding when the stress level gets so high that the bride or groom (or both!) throw their hands up in exasperation and shout, “It’s time to elope!”
Well, maybe you should…
The advantages of eloping
Eloping has some seriously valid benefits that you may want to think about.
- It’s all about the two of you. While the point of the whole wedding day is to celebrate the love you and your future spouse share, let’s be honest. There’s a whole lot more going on than that.
From the bridesmaids worrying about their hair to the guests who ordered fish but now want steak, there’s much more to think about than how in love you are.
An elopement erases all of the craziness and boils it down to just the two of you and your declarations of love for each other.
- You’ll save a ton of money. Like, a ton. Just to give you a little example, the average wedding cost in 20210 cost was more than $45,800. Let that sink in. And that’s the average for Ohio.
- The stress level is significantly lower. We’ve already talked about some of the major stressors in planning a wedding. All of that can be eliminated when you choose to sneak off, just the two of you. An added bonus is that no one will ever be able to call you a bridezilla!
- You can get married wherever you want. When planning a traditional wedding, most couples try to keep things close to one of their families to limit the amount of travel the guests have to do. Even the couples who plan destination weddings understand that it’s asking a lot to have your friends and family travel to a place that you can not get to this year with travel restrictions,to celebrate with you.
When it’s just the two of you? The sky’s the limit. You can pretty much get married in any place you choose.
- You can take a really great honeymoon. Some of the money you save from not having a wedding can go right into the honeymoon fund. In the long run, you’ll be happy to have those memories of time spent together. It sure beats the memory of a sobbing flower girl who doesn’t want to walk down the aisle and your new mother-in-law arguing with the caterer about the silverware.
- You can buy your first house. With the interest rates at an all time low, plus very affordable. What a great way to start your next chapter, with a downpayment on your dream home. It sure beats going for a loan for a one day wedding celebration.
What’s so great about getting married in this winter?
The majority of couples getting married decide to do so in the spring, summer, or fall. The very reasons that others choose to forego getting married in the winter can work to your advantage.
- Availability of services. Even if you choose to elope, you’ll still need to secure someone to officiate the marriage and you’ll want some pictures. In the winter it will be much easier to find people who aren’t booked up.
- Snow is beautiful. Think of how picturesque a snowy landscape is. It sets the scene for a cozy, romantic little ceremony for you and your love. Plus, the pictures will be gorgeous!
- Cost factor. While you’re saving a lot of money by eloping, you’ll still have some expense. You will usually have to pay the officiant and there may be some fees associated with the location you choose. Because winter is the off-season for most things, you may luck out and get a cheaper price.
Hideaway Country Inn is the perfect location for an elopement. We offer three different elopement packages to suit your needs, each with their own special features.
Ready to elope? Contact us to find out more information about these packages, or our unique “Weddings on Wednesday” package, offered at a special rate.
Or a Micro-Wedding if you would like to invite a family and friends to be incompliance with the Covid-19 mandates. Check out our Micro-Wedding packages.