Make sweet memories with a winter birthday getaway
Did you know that it’s really good for you to focus on yourself every once in awhile?
Your birthday only comes once a year, which makes it a great excuse to sneak in a getaway.
Think about it: You’ve never been able to have a birthday pool party or a warm birthday picnic. It just comes with the winter-baby territory.
You still deserve to have some birthday fun! So why not go for broke, with a winter birthday getaway?
Book a stay somewhere fun, gather some pals or a special someone, and make this celebration of you the best one yet.
Enjoy being indoors!
If you’re looking for some low-key fun that keeps you out of the cold, you’ve got plenty of options!
- Go shopping. It’s always a good time when you get some friends together and hit up some stores. Find the nearest mall or check out some of the local shops. The place doesn’t matter, as long as you’re making memories with your buds.
- Go to a movie. Are you and your friends movie buffs? Grab some food, catch a flick, then go out for some coffee for some post-movie analysis.
- Take in some live theatre local to where you’re staying. Don’t discount the talent at small theatres. Many of them put on some quality shows. They also commonly bring in music acts and other attractions.
- Visit the spa. Treat yourself to a birthday massage, a facial, a manicure, or a pedicure. All of these are more fun when you get to do them with people you love, and shouldn’t your birthday be all about getting pampered?
- Enjoy the local cuisine. If you and your friends (or your honey!) are foodies, plan your getaway around new restaurants to try in the area where you’re staying. You might just find a place you’ll want to come back to!
- Do some wine or craft beer tasting. Is wine your thing? Do you enjoy a tasty microbrew? Find a place where you can do some sampling and enjoy. And hey, you’re the birthday girl! Maybe you’ll get some freebies! Just remember to be safe and have a back-up plan in case you need alternate transportation!
- Plan a romantic night in. Obviously this one is geared toward your significant other and not your gal-pals! Find a place to stay that offers a romance package and take full advantage of it or you can always create your own romance! A couple’s massage would be a divine indulgence for you and your guy.
- Stay in and have a game night. Are you a person who loves games? Have each of your friends bring along a favorite game or two, put on your comfiest pj’s, order some good food, and play! If you’re the competitive type, have everyone bring along some prizes for the winners.
Things to do in the outdoors
You may have to bundle up for some of these activities but it’ll be worth it. You can always reward yourself with hot chocolate later!
- Tubing or sledding. If you and your friends are the adventurous type, flying down a snow-covered hill may be an excellent way to have fun together. There are sure to be lots of laughs and definitely some fun memories.
- Ice skating. Find a local rink and show off your skills.
- Skiing. Ok, so you have to be pretty daring to tackle this one, but it would make for some great stories.
No matter what you do on your birthday getaway, enjoy some time that’s just for you. You deserve to be celebrated.
The Hideaway Inn offers some awesome options for a winter getaway. Ready to book your stay? Get in touch for more information!